Sunday, July 19, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine


Genre: Action
Director: Gavin Hood
Cast: Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston, Ryan Reynolds

Wolverine has always been my favorite character from among the X-Men. A dangerous fighting machine with raw animal instincts, indestructible in every sense with retracting claws of adamantium, the character truly is a treat for every action fan. Needless to say that when I heard about this movie, I simply couldn't wait to watch it. But was the wait worth it? I still can't decide....

Efficiently choreographed stunts, good camera work & an amazingly stylish performance by Hugh Jackman. There are some awesome action sequences in the movie that are unforgettable.


But, by the time it got over, something just didnt click. I still don't understand what was missing, but it failed to hold my attention for quite a good amount of time. Has some breath-taking scenes that deserve praise, but it leaves the viewer asking for more. I kept asking...but didn't get any. May be next time!!

A decent watch for the weekend, it will get a BIG thumbs up for the action & style, but, a thumbs down for the overall cinematic experience. However, it certainly is better than the run-of-the-mill action they churn out nowadays!!

No comments: